The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 3 - "Captain Abu Raed" Abu Raed is an old airport janitor who has always yearned of seeing the world, but has never been able to afford to travel. One day a group of children in his poor neighborhood assume he is a pilot and beg him to share stories of the world outside of |Amman, Jordan. Through imaginary tales a friendship forms and he learns the grim realities of the children's home life. He takes it upon himself to make a difference.
Samples of Arabian food will be served.
Tuesday, August 10 - "The Island" for Russian Fest
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs