The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 3 - "Captain Abu Raed" Abu Raed is an old airport janitor who has always yearned of seeing the world, but has never been able to afford to travel. One day a group of children in his poor neighborhood assume he is a pilot and beg him to share stories of the world outside of |Amman, Jordan. Through imaginary tales a friendship forms and he learns the grim realities of the children's home life. He takes it upon himself to make a difference.
Samples of Arabian food will be served.
Tuesday, August 10 - "The Island" for Russian Fest
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes