Nicolet High School Awards Johnson Mathematics Scholarship
The Johnson Mathematics Scholarship was established by David R. Johnson in memory of his parents, Ray and Viola Johnson and his uncle, Roy Johnson. Mr. Johnson taught math at Nicolet for 33 years, received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching in 1983, and was Chair of the Math Department when he retired in 1991. The recipient of the scholarship must be a positive citizens in the school community and must demonstrate a high level of interest and achievement in Mathematics as evidenced by his enrollment in an accelerated or honors math program for all four years and be in the upper 20% of his/her class. This year’s recipients are Mark Ambrose and Keith Lewis.
Mark has been in the Honors Math curriculum all 4 years and is currently taking both AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics. Mark has also served Nicolet as a President of Student Council. Mark plans on attending Notre Dame.
Keith began taking Honors Math classes at Nicolet as a 7th grader and has completed all Honors Math classes at Nicolet including AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics. Keith plans on attending the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- MATC 's New Aesthetician Spa to Open at Mequon Campus Nov. 17
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- NICOLET HIGH SCHOOL TO HOST ARTISAN’S FAIR
- Julia Keyes earns MCW Zeit Fellows Leadership Award
- St. John's Lutheran Church of Glendale to Host Dinner and Celebration to Honor Veterans