The Milwaukee Concert Band presents Travels with the Band, on Friday, May 21, at 7:00p.m., at the Multicultural Art Center of Brown Deer High School (8060 North 60th Street).
The concert will include Italian in Algiers by Gioachino Rossini, the Norwegian March Valdres by Johannes Hanssen, Modeste Moussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, and A Weekend in New York by Philip Sparke.
The Band will also perform James Swearingen’s A Friend Remembered, in memory of Milwaukee Concert Band member William “Bill” Gandt, who passed away on January 21, 2010. Bill was a professional percussionist who had worked as a traveling music teacher for the Milwaukee Public School system, and was involved in many musical groups, including the Milwaukee Legion Band, Milwaukee Festival Brass Band, and the Milwaukee Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- North Shore Knights Sport Club
- Clinical Study of the effect of dietary salt on the genetic code modifications and blood pressure at the Medical College of Wisconsin