The Milwaukee Concert Band presents Travels with the Band, on Friday, May 21, at 7:00p.m., at the Multicultural Art Center of Brown Deer High School (8060 North 60th Street).
The concert will include Italian in Algiers by Gioachino Rossini, the Norwegian March Valdres by Johannes Hanssen, Modeste Moussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, and A Weekend in New York by Philip Sparke.
The Band will also perform James Swearingen’s A Friend Remembered, in memory of Milwaukee Concert Band member William “Bill” Gandt, who passed away on January 21, 2010. Bill was a professional percussionist who had worked as a traveling music teacher for the Milwaukee Public School system, and was involved in many musical groups, including the Milwaukee Legion Band, Milwaukee Festival Brass Band, and the Milwaukee Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes