The Milwaukee Concert Band presents Travels with the Band, on Friday, May 21, at 7:00p.m., at the Multicultural Art Center of Brown Deer High School (8060 North 60th Street).
The concert will include Italian in Algiers by Gioachino Rossini, the Norwegian March Valdres by Johannes Hanssen, Modeste Moussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, and A Weekend in New York by Philip Sparke.
The Band will also perform James Swearingen’s A Friend Remembered, in memory of Milwaukee Concert Band member William “Bill” Gandt, who passed away on January 21, 2010. Bill was a professional percussionist who had worked as a traveling music teacher for the Milwaukee Public School system, and was involved in many musical groups, including the Milwaukee Legion Band, Milwaukee Festival Brass Band, and the Milwaukee Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs