The Milwaukee Concert Band presents Travels with the Band, on Friday, May 21, at 7:00p.m., at the Multicultural Art Center of Brown Deer High School (8060 North 60th Street).
The concert will include Italian in Algiers by Gioachino Rossini, the Norwegian March Valdres by Johannes Hanssen, Modeste Moussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, and A Weekend in New York by Philip Sparke.
The Band will also perform James Swearingen’s A Friend Remembered, in memory of Milwaukee Concert Band member William “Bill” Gandt, who passed away on January 21, 2010. Bill was a professional percussionist who had worked as a traveling music teacher for the Milwaukee Public School system, and was involved in many musical groups, including the Milwaukee Legion Band, Milwaukee Festival Brass Band, and the Milwaukee Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show