The Milwaukee Concert Band presents Travels with the Band, on Friday, May 21, at 7:00p.m., at the Multicultural Art Center of Brown Deer High School (8060 North 60th Street).
The concert will include Italian in Algiers by Gioachino Rossini, the Norwegian March Valdres by Johannes Hanssen, Modeste Moussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, and A Weekend in New York by Philip Sparke.
The Band will also perform James Swearingen’s A Friend Remembered, in memory of Milwaukee Concert Band member William “Bill” Gandt, who passed away on January 21, 2010. Bill was a professional percussionist who had worked as a traveling music teacher for the Milwaukee Public School system, and was involved in many musical groups, including the Milwaukee Legion Band, Milwaukee Festival Brass Band, and the Milwaukee Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Brown Deer Library Closed Today
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations
- Harold E Hansen: Paintings and Stone Lithographs. April 15 – May 31, 2015
- Community Volunteer Opportunities