The Mequon United Methodist Church Youth Group recently participated in the "Souper Bowl of Caring", joining young people in churches all across the country to collect money and non-perishable food items for those who are hungry and hurting. The MUMC Youth group raised and donated close to $500.00 to help in relief to the citizens of Haiti.
The "Souper Bowl of Caring" has become a powerful movement that is transforming Super Bowl weekend into the nation’s largest youth-led weekend of giving and serving. Through this mission, young people learn what it’s like to make a positive difference in the world – as they collect food, raise money and volunteer to work in charities that provide shelter to the homeless, food to the hungry and compassion to those in need. Since the Souper Bowl of Caring became a national grassroots event in 1993, more than $60 million has been raised to help those in need.
If you know of a young person who is interested in joining youth activities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and fun, please contact Ben Gruettner, MUMC Youth Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (262) 242-4770.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Community Volunteer Opportunities