The Mequon United Methodist Church Youth Group recently participated in the "Souper Bowl of Caring", joining young people in churches all across the country to collect money and non-perishable food items for those who are hungry and hurting. The MUMC Youth group raised and donated close to $500.00 to help in relief to the citizens of Haiti.
The "Souper Bowl of Caring" has become a powerful movement that is transforming Super Bowl weekend into the nation’s largest youth-led weekend of giving and serving. Through this mission, young people learn what it’s like to make a positive difference in the world – as they collect food, raise money and volunteer to work in charities that provide shelter to the homeless, food to the hungry and compassion to those in need. Since the Souper Bowl of Caring became a national grassroots event in 1993, more than $60 million has been raised to help those in need.
If you know of a young person who is interested in joining youth activities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and fun, please contact Ben Gruettner, MUMC Youth Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (262) 242-4770.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- North Shore Knights Sport Club
- Clinical Study of the effect of dietary salt on the genetic code modifications and blood pressure at the Medical College of Wisconsin