Stanford Art Gallery and Studios, located in the Art District of Menomonee Falls, will be hosting Making a Good Impression showcasing the block prints by local artist, Ken Swanson. “My block prints”, stated by Swanson, “are snapshots of experiences that help define me. From a single object to a small scene, they help me remember the past so I can try to understand it and improve my future”. The opening reception, Saturday, October 10, 6-9 pm, is free and open to the public. Come meet Swanson and mingle with the Stanford artists. The exhibition runs October 10 – November 8, 2009.
The artist owned gallery represents a dynamic mix of original fine art; traditional, contemporary and modern by local, regional, and national artists, some who are in the gallery every day providing personal insights into their work, which includes printmaking, glass, sculpture, painted furniture, textiles, poetry, photography, drawings, paintings, jewelry, mixed media, wearable art, mosaics and much more.
All exhibits at the gallery are free and open to the public, Wednesdays 12:00 - 3:00 pm, Thursdays 5:00-8:00 pm, and Fridays 1:00 - 4:00 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, & Sundays 1:00 - 4:00 pm, by chance and appointment for your convenience. The gallery also has several working artist studios that will enhance your visit and all artwork is available for purchase. Stanford is centrally and conveniently in the heart of the Historic Village Centre of Downtown Menomonee Falls, N88 W16475 Main Street, in the lower level of the Stanford Art Glass Studio Building. You can reach the gallery at 262-255-7880 or www.stanfordartgallery.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Do You Want To Feed Your Pet As Naturally As Possible?