Stanford Art Gallery and Studios, located in the Art District of Menomonee Falls, will be hosting Making a Good Impression showcasing the block prints by local artist, Ken Swanson. “My block prints”, stated by Swanson, “are snapshots of experiences that help define me. From a single object to a small scene, they help me remember the past so I can try to understand it and improve my future”. The opening reception, Saturday, October 10, 6-9 pm, is free and open to the public. Come meet Swanson and mingle with the Stanford artists. The exhibition runs October 10 – November 8, 2009.
The artist owned gallery represents a dynamic mix of original fine art; traditional, contemporary and modern by local, regional, and national artists, some who are in the gallery every day providing personal insights into their work, which includes printmaking, glass, sculpture, painted furniture, textiles, poetry, photography, drawings, paintings, jewelry, mixed media, wearable art, mosaics and much more.
All exhibits at the gallery are free and open to the public, Wednesdays 12:00 - 3:00 pm, Thursdays 5:00-8:00 pm, and Fridays 1:00 - 4:00 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, & Sundays 1:00 - 4:00 pm, by chance and appointment for your convenience. The gallery also has several working artist studios that will enhance your visit and all artwork is available for purchase. Stanford is centrally and conveniently in the heart of the Historic Village Centre of Downtown Menomonee Falls, N88 W16475 Main Street, in the lower level of the Stanford Art Glass Studio Building. You can reach the gallery at 262-255-7880 or www.stanfordartgallery.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs