News Release - Milwaukee County Supervisor Rice Reacts to County Executive's Financial Reform Plan
March 25, 2009...Milwaukee, WI – Following County Executive Scott Walker’s Plan for Financial Reform, Milwaukee County Supervisor Joseph Rice issued the following statement:
“The County Executive has prescribed a hefty dose of fiscal medicine to address the county’s grim long term financial diagnosis. While it may not be pleasant, it’s high time the county act upon the dire symptoms and seek meaningful cures.
I concur with the assessment of the Public Policy Forum that county elected officials have for too long relied upon quick-fix, band-aid solutions. We need to acknowledge that the status quo is broken and that more far-reaching alternatives, albeit unpleasant ones, must be developed.
The County Executive has outlined a series of bold steps in employee compensation, service delivery, utilization of county assets, and budget process reforms. While I will seek to minimize the impact of these reforms on the county employee workforce, without significant changes the county’s financial viability is in question.
I applaud the County Executive for setting forth a series of steps to put the county on the road to recovery and urge my colleagues on the county board to heed the warnings of the Public Policy Forum and others to abandon the short-term fix mentality.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show