May 29, "Get Aboard the Agape: Richard R. Pieper, Sr. & Friends Share Stories of their Voyage Around the Globe!"
Richard R. Pieper, Sr., Board Chair of PPC Partners, Inc. (which includes Milwaukee’s PIEPERPOWER), and several of his friends who accompanied him on his sailboat as he circumnavigated the world will share their adventures on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 5 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
Pieper, an entrepreneur, community leader and philanthropist, is the recipient of the 2013 American Patriot of Character Award, given by the Character Education Partnership, a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit coalition of organizations and individuals based in Washington, DC.
He recently donated his collection of nautical charts and books related to his voyage to the American Geographical Society Library.
Joining him at the talk will be fellow sailors Sandy & Ken Dziubek, Tom Dalum, Fred Horwitz, Dan Fetterley, and Rick Pieper.
The free event, “Get Aboard the Agape: Richard R. Pieper, Sr. & Friends Share Stories of Their Voyage Around the Globe,” is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries and the Friends of the UWM Golda Meir Library.
Public parking is available in the UWM Union parking garage, 2200 E. Kenwood Ave.
For more information or special needs, call 414-229-6282 or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs