Second Saturday is a series on educational sessions are hosted by the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin (CFLCW), a non-profit, tax exempt organization dedicated to alternative dispute resolution in issues of family law. CFLCW is not pro-divorce or anti-divorce.
The next session is this Saturday - May 10 - at the Milwaukee Bar Association office at 424 Wells Street in downtown Milwaukee. The session runs from 10 AM to Noon.
We simply believe that when divorce happens, there is a better way, and that process is called collaborative divorce. Collaborative divorce is a way for you and your spouse decide what is best for you and your family. With each spouse guided by their own personal collaborative attorney, you will also have expert neutral advisors in family finance and a divorce coach/child specialist to help you. This is not a short cut to divorce, and it is a process that is not for everyone.
A traditional divorce often puts your future and that of your children in a system that focuses on a destructive mindset of winning. The Collaborative method is a transparent, problem solving approach that uses experts to help you craft a future that makes sense for your family. Rather than using the court room to pit one spouse against the other, often with children in the middle, your professional team works for the best possible results for all.
These informal educational sessions are designed to help you learn about divorce options. The professionals involved are all trained members of CFLCW.
The sessions begin with an overview of divorce options followed by a discussion of the Collaborative Process, how it works, how long it takes, and who is involved. The presenters include an attorney, child specialist/coach and financial neutral all trained in the process.
The professionals participating in this program will NOT discuss your personal situation, answer specific legal questions about your marriage or provide legal advice. This is not a free legal service.
Please visit www.collabdivorce.com for more information
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs