Shorewood, Wis., March 31, 2014 – Attention foodies, Shorewood presents Small Plates Week, April 22-27, a new event which offers the perfect chance to sample great neighborhood cuisine without taking a bite out of your wallet. Over 20 Shorewood restaurants and food businesses have created one or more delicious small plate items priced from $3.00-$8.00.
Small Plates Week gives local food & beverage establishments the opportunity to spotlight their Chef’s talent and creativity through original small plate concepts or to showcase existing menu or store items that are available at a special price. The menu includes appetizers, small entrees and desserts with something to please everyone in the family. Participating businesses include:
•Benji’s Deli & Restaurant
•The City Market Café
•Colectivo Coffee Roasters
•Einstein Brothers Bagels
•Falbo Brothers Pizza
•Goody Gourmets at Camp Bar
•Harry’s Bar & Grill
•Miss Cupcake Bakery
•NaNa Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar
•Nehring’s Sendiks on Oakland
•North Shore American Legion
•North Star American Bistro
•Pick n’ Save
•Three Lions Pub
A recent study found that consumers are eating small plates or downsized portions in a variety of ways—as starters (39 percent), snacks (14 percent) and as sides (19 percent)—proving their flexibility, but a third of the time they are eaten instead of more expensive main entrees.
Visit any of these participating food & beverage locations during their lunch and dinner hours of operation and sample their special small plates throughout the week. For more information on Shorewood Small Plates Week including business hours and a specific list of available small plate items, visit www.shorewoodwi.com.
“Shorewood’s Small Plate Week is a fun event designed to encourage locals and visitors to come to the neighborhood to sample restaurants they've always wanted to try," said Jim Plaisted, Executive Director of the Shorewood BID.
The Shorewood Business Improvement District was established by commercial property owners and the Village of Shorewood in 1999 to promote the neighborhood as a premier destination for retail and service businesses to locate and thrive.
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips
- Mequon Police Association to host a "Safe City 5K"
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs