Shorewood, Wis., March 31, 2014 – Attention foodies, Shorewood presents Small Plates Week, April 22-27, a new event which offers the perfect chance to sample great neighborhood cuisine without taking a bite out of your wallet. Over 20 Shorewood restaurants and food businesses have created one or more delicious small plate items priced from $3.00-$8.00.
Small Plates Week gives local food & beverage establishments the opportunity to spotlight their Chef’s talent and creativity through original small plate concepts or to showcase existing menu or store items that are available at a special price. The menu includes appetizers, small entrees and desserts with something to please everyone in the family. Participating businesses include:
•Benji’s Deli & Restaurant
•The City Market Café
•Colectivo Coffee Roasters
•Einstein Brothers Bagels
•Falbo Brothers Pizza
•Goody Gourmets at Camp Bar
•Harry’s Bar & Grill
•Miss Cupcake Bakery
•NaNa Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar
•Nehring’s Sendiks on Oakland
•North Shore American Legion
•North Star American Bistro
•Pick n’ Save
•Three Lions Pub
A recent study found that consumers are eating small plates or downsized portions in a variety of ways—as starters (39 percent), snacks (14 percent) and as sides (19 percent)—proving their flexibility, but a third of the time they are eaten instead of more expensive main entrees.
Visit any of these participating food & beverage locations during their lunch and dinner hours of operation and sample their special small plates throughout the week. For more information on Shorewood Small Plates Week including business hours and a specific list of available small plate items, visit www.shorewoodwi.com.
“Shorewood’s Small Plate Week is a fun event designed to encourage locals and visitors to come to the neighborhood to sample restaurants they've always wanted to try," said Jim Plaisted, Executive Director of the Shorewood BID.
The Shorewood Business Improvement District was established by commercial property owners and the Village of Shorewood in 1999 to promote the neighborhood as a premier destination for retail and service businesses to locate and thrive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Brown Deer Library Closed Today
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration