On Monday March 3rd, 5th grade Student Council members started a penny war at Maple Dale School to raise money for typhoon relief in the Philippines.
The 3rd-6th grade’s prize was an extra recess and Freezie Pops. However, the 7th/8th grade got to see Mr. Reisen, 7/8th grade math teacher, shave his beard if the students raised $150. As a whole school, Maple Dale raised $1,250 in total.
A special ‘thank you’ to 5th grade Student Council members: Shayla Gwinn, Shannon Killberg, Julia Fernandez, Max Kolton, and Nicholas Kordysh for their hard work and dedication.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Summer Theater At Homestead High School This Weekend - Eurydice
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- North Shore Resident Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Chalk Art Festival Returns to Bayshore Town Center