On Monday March 3rd, 5th grade Student Council members started a penny war at Maple Dale School to raise money for typhoon relief in the Philippines.
The 3rd-6th grade’s prize was an extra recess and Freezie Pops. However, the 7th/8th grade got to see Mr. Reisen, 7/8th grade math teacher, shave his beard if the students raised $150. As a whole school, Maple Dale raised $1,250 in total.
A special ‘thank you’ to 5th grade Student Council members: Shayla Gwinn, Shannon Killberg, Julia Fernandez, Max Kolton, and Nicholas Kordysh for their hard work and dedication.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood