On Monday March 3rd, 5th grade Student Council members started a penny war at Maple Dale School to raise money for typhoon relief in the Philippines.
The 3rd-6th grade’s prize was an extra recess and Freezie Pops. However, the 7th/8th grade got to see Mr. Reisen, 7/8th grade math teacher, shave his beard if the students raised $150. As a whole school, Maple Dale raised $1,250 in total.
A special ‘thank you’ to 5th grade Student Council members: Shayla Gwinn, Shannon Killberg, Julia Fernandez, Max Kolton, and Nicholas Kordysh for their hard work and dedication.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Brown Deer Library Closed Today
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration