The Map Society of Wisconsin hosts a presentation by art historian Dr. Sandra Sáenz-López Pérez, Centro de Ciencias Humanas y Sociales, Madrid, Spain, entitled “Marginalia in cARTography: Exploring the Edges of Maps” on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 2 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library (AGSL), located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
Dr. Sáenz-López Pérez was a 2012-13 David Woodward Fellow in the History of Cartography at UW-Madison, where she researched and curated a map exhibition, “Marginalia in cARTography.”
The exhibit, which includes several items on loan from the AGSL, is on display at the Chazen Art Museum on the UW-Madison campus from Feb. 28 - May 18, 2014.
In her presentation at UWM, she will discuss how her exhibit explores cartography as an art form, with a focus on representations in map margins.
The talk, free and open to the public, will be preceded by a reception at 1:30 p.m.
For more information or special needs, call 414-229-6282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: Detail of world map by Jan Baptista Vrients, ca 1590. From the collection of the American Geographical Society Library.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show