Dr. Carmen Balding has joined the Madison Medical Affiliates Mohs Surgery Clinic, established by Madison Medical’s Dr. Manish Gharia in 2004. In a clinic-based setting, Dr. Balding will provide comprehensive skin care and Mohs Micrographic Surgery – a highly specialized procedure used to eradicate cancerous cells from skin tissue. She is now accepting patients at The Bluemound Center in Waukesha, 22370 Bluemound Road, Suite 200, and the River Woods Outpatient Center in Glendale, 375 W. River Woods Parkway.
With only a small number of fellowship-trained Mohs physicians in the United States, Madison Medical is fortunate to have Dr. Balding as part of their team. “We’re pleased to welcome Dr. Balding to our Waukesha and Glendale offices,” said Kevin Behl, executive director of Madison Medical Affiliates. “Her unique expertise strengthens our mission to providing superior, comprehensive care for our patients.”
Dr. Balding received her Doctor of Medicine degree in 1990 from Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, Peru. She completed two years of a three-year residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, and a residency in Dermatology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center. Dr. Balding is Board Certified in Dermatology and is one of the area’s few fellowship-trained physicians in Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
Founded in 1903, Madison Medical Affiliates is now in its second century as Milwaukee’s premier medical group serving the community with a list of distinguished specialists in the areas of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Dermatology, Surgery, Urology, Pulmonary Medicine, and Allergy and Immunology. With clinics in Mequon, Downtown at Cathedral Square Park, Milwaukee’s East Side, Grafton and Germantown – Madison Medical accepts all major insurance providers and is affiliated with Columbia St. Mary’s.
For more information about the specialties available at Madison Medical Affiliates, or to schedule an appointment with a Madison Medical physician, call 414-272-8950.
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes