"Summer Sounds" To Feature Variety of Musical Styles at Hubbard Park
Free Concert Series Runs from July 10-August 14
With summer right around the corner, Shorewood is ready for an exciting musical series that is sure to please anyone's musical taste buds. From oldies to blues, Irish to country, and boss nova and big band tunes - get ready to rock out with "Summer Sounds," Shorewood's free community concert series presented by the Village Marketing Program.
"Summer Sounds" will be held on Wednesday nights, 6-9 p.m., from July 10 through August 14 at handsome Hubbard Park along the Milwaukee River (3565 N. Morris Blvd., just a few blocks south of Capitol Dr.). Music lovers will delight in this year's all-star musical lineup and enjoy their favorite summer foods and beverages for sale from Hubbard Park Lodge. New this year: Featuring beer from event sponsor Stevens Point Brewery! You are encouraged to bring your own lawn chair or blanket to make your listening pleasure more enjoyable as you sit back and relax during these free musical performances. Bring your family, meet your friends and make a night of it on Wednesday nights this summer at Hubbard Park.
Shorewood's free concert series has grown over the last few years and become a much-anticipated highlight of the summer season. Presenting sponsors are Hubbard Park Lodge and the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional sponsors include the Shorewood Foundation, the Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Stevens Point Brewery and Culver's of Shorewood.
Mark your calendar today and don't miss this fabulous musical line-up each Wednesday from July 10-August 14 at 6 p.m. Many of the bands have strong roots in Shorewood, or include Shorewood residents.
July 10: 5 Card Studs - Oldies
July 17: Trio de Janeiro - Bossa nova/swing
July 24: Southern Tradition - Country
July 31: The Gleasons - Irish (with opening act by McMenamin Irish Dance Adacemy)
August 7: Tweed Funk - Blues
August 14: Mood Swing Orchestra - Timeless big band classics
For more information about "Summer Sounds" or the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program, visit shorewoodtoday.com.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing