"Summer Sounds" To Feature Variety of Musical Styles at Hubbard Park
Free Concert Series Runs from July 10-August 14
With summer right around the corner, Shorewood is ready for an exciting musical series that is sure to please anyone's musical taste buds. From oldies to blues, Irish to country, and boss nova and big band tunes - get ready to rock out with "Summer Sounds," Shorewood's free community concert series presented by the Village Marketing Program.
"Summer Sounds" will be held on Wednesday nights, 6-9 p.m., from July 10 through August 14 at handsome Hubbard Park along the Milwaukee River (3565 N. Morris Blvd., just a few blocks south of Capitol Dr.). Music lovers will delight in this year's all-star musical lineup and enjoy their favorite summer foods and beverages for sale from Hubbard Park Lodge. New this year: Featuring beer from event sponsor Stevens Point Brewery! You are encouraged to bring your own lawn chair or blanket to make your listening pleasure more enjoyable as you sit back and relax during these free musical performances. Bring your family, meet your friends and make a night of it on Wednesday nights this summer at Hubbard Park.
Shorewood's free concert series has grown over the last few years and become a much-anticipated highlight of the summer season. Presenting sponsors are Hubbard Park Lodge and the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program. Additional sponsors include the Shorewood Foundation, the Shorewood Men's Club, PNC Bank, Stevens Point Brewery and Culver's of Shorewood.
Mark your calendar today and don't miss this fabulous musical line-up each Wednesday from July 10-August 14 at 6 p.m. Many of the bands have strong roots in Shorewood, or include Shorewood residents.
July 10: 5 Card Studs - Oldies
July 17: Trio de Janeiro - Bossa nova/swing
July 24: Southern Tradition - Country
July 31: The Gleasons - Irish (with opening act by McMenamin Irish Dance Adacemy)
August 7: Tweed Funk - Blues
August 14: Mood Swing Orchestra - Timeless big band classics
For more information about "Summer Sounds" or the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program, visit shorewoodtoday.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- There's Still Time To Register For Camp at the Hills!
- Free Youth Baseball Clinic in Whitefish Bay Saturday Features Bando, Cooper and Other Former Major Leaguers
- On-line Auction to Benefit Ozaukee Family Services
- What Falling Oil Prices, and a Rising Dollar, Mean For You
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Inaugural Pet Blessing set for Saturday July 18th during the 4th Annual MECA VEST A K-9 FEST!