The Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Horticulture Club will hold its annual plant sale from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and Saturday, May 10-11, and Monday through Saturday, May 13-18, in the greenhouses at MATC’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. (There will be no sale on Sunday, May 12.) Offerings include specialty-scented geraniums, annual and perennial bedding plants, vegetables and herbs, native plants, decorative containers and hanging baskets. Prices range from $1.50 per four-plant cell pack of bedding plants to $10 to $20 for hanging baskets and mixed containers.
The sale features plants grown in the MATC Horticulture Department’s Greenhouse Production class, which is part of the landscape horticulture associate degree program offered at the Mequon Campus. Proceeds from the sale fund educational trips to botanic gardens, national student career competitions, professional trade shows and sites of horticultural interest.
Come early for the best selection. For more information, call (262) 238-2322.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and Pre-College Education, which assists people with completing high school, preparing for college or entering the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Brown Deer Library Closed Today
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration