Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of September 4, 2012
Programs and Events
September 4 – Committee meetings
September 6 – directors' meeting (note that this is a week early)
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We had a low-key meeting this week. No program and no puns, although Bob Reinhardt came up with an Irish joke. The members at the meeting were a happy bunch though. Ed Ellingson paid a happy buck just to be free of puns, even if the condition is temporary. Eli Potkonjak was really happy and relieved that Paula got a clean pathology report (that's when negative is positive). John Cable was happy that Mary Susan got through surgery last week, that he is expecting a grandchild in January, and that he can fit one more trip into his life before January (do you want to go?). Bob Reinhardt was happy about his results last Wednesday at Potawatomi, but he wouldn't disclose details. John Foley was happy about the possibility of seeing his old roommate, but a bit sad that his roomy's health is failing. Bob Gross paid for the privilege of announcing that the Lion's are opening their clubhouse to the public for a community sheepshead night, starting this week, Wednesday. Rich Woods noted happily that Nebraska was in the paper again, this time because Marcus Corporation is planning to open a hotel in the big city – Lincoln.
Next big event: The annual induction dinner will be Tuesday, September 25. There will be no noon meeting that day, so plan on meeting at Alioto's that evening. We will have a menu and sign-up sheet soon. Let Bob Reinhardt know if you plan to be there (RReinh1552@aol.com).
Interclub: As long as we don't have a regular meeting that day, plan on a meeting with the Parkland-Greendale club at noon on September 25.
Member news: Dick Bachman made it through major surgery and in the process discovered some cardiac irregularities, which should be treatable with conservative methods. Gary Krueger is now at the Lutheran Home.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing