Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of September 4, 2012
Programs and Events
September 4 – Committee meetings
September 6 – directors' meeting (note that this is a week early)
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We had a low-key meeting this week. No program and no puns, although Bob Reinhardt came up with an Irish joke. The members at the meeting were a happy bunch though. Ed Ellingson paid a happy buck just to be free of puns, even if the condition is temporary. Eli Potkonjak was really happy and relieved that Paula got a clean pathology report (that's when negative is positive). John Cable was happy that Mary Susan got through surgery last week, that he is expecting a grandchild in January, and that he can fit one more trip into his life before January (do you want to go?). Bob Reinhardt was happy about his results last Wednesday at Potawatomi, but he wouldn't disclose details. John Foley was happy about the possibility of seeing his old roommate, but a bit sad that his roomy's health is failing. Bob Gross paid for the privilege of announcing that the Lion's are opening their clubhouse to the public for a community sheepshead night, starting this week, Wednesday. Rich Woods noted happily that Nebraska was in the paper again, this time because Marcus Corporation is planning to open a hotel in the big city – Lincoln.
Next big event: The annual induction dinner will be Tuesday, September 25. There will be no noon meeting that day, so plan on meeting at Alioto's that evening. We will have a menu and sign-up sheet soon. Let Bob Reinhardt know if you plan to be there (RReinh1552@aol.com).
Interclub: As long as we don't have a regular meeting that day, plan on a meeting with the Parkland-Greendale club at noon on September 25.
Member news: Dick Bachman made it through major surgery and in the process discovered some cardiac irregularities, which should be treatable with conservative methods. Gary Krueger is now at the Lutheran Home.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- There's Still Time To Register For Camp at the Hills!
- Free Youth Baseball Clinic in Whitefish Bay Saturday Features Bando, Cooper and Other Former Major Leaguers
- On-line Auction to Benefit Ozaukee Family Services
- What Falling Oil Prices, and a Rising Dollar, Mean For You
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Inaugural Pet Blessing set for Saturday July 18th during the 4th Annual MECA VEST A K-9 FEST!