The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Wisconsin Chapter Honors Competition Winners at Grand Finale Gala
The Wisconsin Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will honor the winners and all nominees at its annual Milwaukee Man & Woman of the Year campaign Grand Finale Gala on Friday, June 8, 2012. The event will be held at The Pfister Hotel starting at 6:30 p.m. and will include cocktails & hors d’oeuvres, silent auction, dinner, live auction and announcement of the 2012 Milwaukee Man & Woman of the Year.
The winners are eligible to be honored as LLS National Man & Woman of the Year. In addition to the Gala, winner honors includes recognition throughout the region, a full-page advertisement featured in USA Today, and the satisfaction that their commitment to finding cures will help families with blood cancer.
The nominees have worked for the past 10 weeks to raise money for blood cancer research and patient services. In 2011, the campaign raised more than $210,000.
Those benefiting from this campaign include this year’s Boy and Girl of the Year, Caden Becker and Emma Einhorn. These young adults and their families have survived lymphoma and leukemia and are a source of inspiration to the competitors as well as The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society family as a whole.
Candidates for LLS’s 2012 Man and Woman of the Year title in Southeast Wisconsin are:
- Dan Eggers, Eggers Imprints, Brown Deer, WI
- Daniel Einhorn, Capital Midwest Fund, Milwaukee, WI
- Edward Fitzpatrick III, Principal Financial Group, Milwaukee, WI
- Bruce Spann, Spann & Associates, Germantown, WI
- Mike Thompson, MD, PhD, ProHealth Care Regional Cancer Center, Waukesha, WI
- Anna Zuckerman, AC Zuckerman Jeweler, Inc., Mequon, WI
- Heather M. Williams, Summit Young Professionals, Brookfield, WI
- Monica Oliver, WE Energies, Milwaukee, WI
- Makisha M. Porter, The Capital Grille, Milwaukee, WI
- Laura L. Murphy, GE Healthcare, Franklin, WI
- Vlad Ivankovic, Honorary Man of the Year Candidate
To attend the Grand Finale Celebration Gala, or to learn more about this annual Milwaukee campaign, visit: www.mwoy.org/wi/localchapter/sew/finale or contact Chelsea Ostrov at 262-785-4246 or Chelsea.email@example.com
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®, headquartered in White Plains, NY, is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The LLS mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $600 million in research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. LLS has a local Patient Services Manager in 68 chapters throughout the United States and Canada. For additional information, please contact LLS at (800) 955-4572 or visit www.LLS.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Boosting the Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- MATC 's New Aesthetician Spa to Open at Mequon Campus Nov. 17
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- NICOLET HIGH SCHOOL TO HOST ARTISAN’S FAIR
- Julia Keyes earns MCW Zeit Fellows Leadership Award
- St. John's Lutheran Church of Glendale to Host Dinner and Celebration to Honor Veterans