Patricia Schroeder, RN, MSN, MBA, FAAN, and Dean of the Alverno College School of Nursing, has been honored as one of the Milwaukee Business Journal’s 2012 “Women of Influence.” She was recognized in the “Mentor” category for enriching the lives and careers of others by sharing the benefits of her experience and knowledge. An awards luncheon will be held on June 15 at the Frontier Airlines Center.
Schroeder has served as the Dean of Alverno College’s School of Nursing since June of 2010. Under her leadership, Alverno launched a new Family Nurse Practitioner program. Introduced in the fall of 2011, this master’s level program addresses the growing need for primary care providers in Wisconsin. Schroeder was also instrumental in bringing significant improvements to the Clinical Simulation Lab with the addition of a Human Patient simulator and an OB Birthing simulator. These high-tech pieces of equipment provide nursing students with critical hands-on experience by simulating clinical scenarios in a hospital room setting. One of the largest nursing schools in Wisconsin, Alverno has also had the highest NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) pass rate in the state for the past two years, exceeding the national average by almost ten percentage points.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. Founded in 1887 by the School Sisters of St. Francis, the college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its
highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College has been ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- North Shore Knights Sport Club
- Clinical Study of the effect of dietary salt on the genetic code modifications and blood pressure at the Medical College of Wisconsin