Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of January 10, 2012
Programs and Events
January 10 – Our program will be about Junior Achievement, courtesy of Gary Knisbeck
January 12 – Directors' meeting at Alioto's
January 17 – Bob Gross has invited Leah Vukmir to be our speaker
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Our special guest this week was Ed Ellingson's eight year old grandson, Atlas, visiting from Colorado. Happy dollars were contributed by Dick Bachman, who advised us to read the next Wauwatosa Now for an article about the flag project; from Ed Ellingson, who announced that the Club's web site is up and running again in a less expensive configuration; Gary Knisbeck pointed out that there was a great Kiwanis float in the Rose Parade; Kevin Sjostrom thanked Tom Schultz for doing the bulletin last week; Rob Ritter, who paid for the privilege of telling Atlas about his grandfather's history of kilt-wearing; and Taylor Poehls, who seems to have an archive of chiropractor stories.
Member news: John Foley reported that Rick Mosher is in the hospital after a fall.
Interclub: Plan on meeting with the Brookfield club on January 24. The meeting starts at 6:30, with a discussion group at 5:30.
Pancakes: Tickets are coming next week in preparation for the big day on March 5.
Flags: Ken Snyder presented Dick Bachman with a check for $1,000, courtesy of the WaterStone Bank Foundation, to help with all the repairs and replacements for the North Avenue flags.
Program responsibilities: January 24 – Carl Smith. February 14 – Paul Drellos. February 21 – Bob Reinhardt (Jill Didier, new Milwaukee County Economic Development Coordinator). February 28 – Ken Snyder.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips
- Mequon Police Association to host a "Safe City 5K"
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs