Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of December 6, 2011
Programs and Events
December 6 – committee meetings.
December 13 – The speaker will be from the Boys & Girls Club.
December 20 – Holiday Tea.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: The Club found its way back to Mayfair this week. Warren Breitlow provided the program, showing us how Namibia's German and British colonial history still influences the country.
Happy bucks: Bob Reinhardt paid a belated buck for the wine and beer event and for last week's follow-up trip to Downer Wine & Spirits. Dick Bachman paid a buck for his birthday plus a buck to remember Gloria on her birthday. John Foley paid both a birthday dollar and a happy buck for a long weekend with sons in Austin. Ed Ellingson paid an anniversary buck and a buck for a good trip to Boston to see his son's family. Rich Woods paid an optimistic buck because his daughter is going to start teaching at Loyola University Law School, which may allow her to support her horses. Taylor Poehls paid a dollar to show how happy he was that his family was all together for Thanksgiving. Peter Brusky was happy about his penultimate child's wedding the day after Thanksgiving. Gary Knisbeck was excited about leading Junior Achievement classes at JA's new facility. Mike D'Amore paid a buck to recommend the article in the most recent Kiwanis magazine about fund raising. Don Nordholm was happy about his successful bid on the Leff's Lucky Town martini basket, which had some mysterious ingredients and provided entertainment for his family.
Klose donation: The Club made a donation in memory of John Klose to the Froedtert Heart & Vascular Center, which does significant cardiology research.
Distinguished Citizen award: Bob Reinhardt is our representative on the Council. Talk to Bob to get nomination papers if you have someone in mind.
Wauwatosa Holiday Magic Event: Taylor Poehls is looking for volunteers. A flyer and a list of times, events, and volunteers to date is attached.
Programs: December 13 – Larry Schneider. December 20 – Holiday Tea. December 27 – Gary Knisbeck?
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips