Meeting on Social Ground: Preparing Our Kids and Others - Wednesday, May 11
The North Shore Parents Network and the school districts of the North Shore invite you to an eveing of information and networking.
Who: Parents, educators and professionals with interest in the special educational needs of students in the early childhood, elementary, middle and high schools of the North Shore.
What: A panel discussion exploring ways to optimize social opportunities by increasing options and exposure, social strategies our kids can employ, as well as how we can help others meet our kids part way. The panel will include the perspectives of Rhonda J. Greenhaw - lead therapist, Easter Seals Autism Program; Elsa Diaz-Bautista - parent/activist/Girl Scout leader; Patti Ellsworth - Bayside Middle School Special Education teacher; and Tim Kabara - clinic director and social programming designer at Maplegrove Treatment Center
Where: St. Francis Children's Center, 6700 N. Port Washington Road, Milwaukee
When: Wednesday, May 11 from 6:20 pm until 8:30 pm
RSVP: To Terri Hart-Ellis at email@example.com by Monday, May 9. Your RSVP is encouraged to ensure that we have adequate seating and copies. If you forget to RSVP, don't let that stop you from attending!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- There's Still Time To Register For Camp at the Hills!
- Free Youth Baseball Clinic in Whitefish Bay Saturday Features Bando, Cooper and Other Former Major Leaguers
- On-line Auction to Benefit Ozaukee Family Services
- What Falling Oil Prices, and a Rising Dollar, Mean For You
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Inaugural Pet Blessing set for Saturday July 18th during the 4th Annual MECA VEST A K-9 FEST!