Meeting on Social Ground: Preparing Our Kids and Others - Wednesday, May 11
The North Shore Parents Network and the school districts of the North Shore invite you to an eveing of information and networking.
Who: Parents, educators and professionals with interest in the special educational needs of students in the early childhood, elementary, middle and high schools of the North Shore.
What: A panel discussion exploring ways to optimize social opportunities by increasing options and exposure, social strategies our kids can employ, as well as how we can help others meet our kids part way. The panel will include the perspectives of Rhonda J. Greenhaw - lead therapist, Easter Seals Autism Program; Elsa Diaz-Bautista - parent/activist/Girl Scout leader; Patti Ellsworth - Bayside Middle School Special Education teacher; and Tim Kabara - clinic director and social programming designer at Maplegrove Treatment Center
Where: St. Francis Children's Center, 6700 N. Port Washington Road, Milwaukee
When: Wednesday, May 11 from 6:20 pm until 8:30 pm
RSVP: To Terri Hart-Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 9. Your RSVP is encouraged to ensure that we have adequate seating and copies. If you forget to RSVP, don't let that stop you from attending!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood