The United States Postal Service is doing its part to "Go Green" by providing eco-friendly mailing materials and stamps to our customers.
As part of our "Go Green" commitment, we've designed a series of 16 Go Green stamps, showing what each of us can do to promote the health of our environment.
Here are just a few ways that the USPS is growing greener:
Using eco-friendly packaging. The Postal Service is the first shipping company to achieve Cradle to Cradle certification for packaging. These products are assessed for ingredient safety, reutilization potential and manufacturing sustainability.
Delivering on climate change. USPS is the first federal agency to publicly report greenhouse emissions and get third party verification.
Reducing our carbon footprint. USPS has reduced its facility energy intensity more than 28% since 2003.
Here's how you can Go Green too:
Adjust your thermostat: Every degree you lower your thermostat in cold weather, or raise it during hot weather, can lower your energy bill by 3% and conserve valuable natural resources.
Use public transportation: Taking the bus, train, or carpooling vs. driving your own car saves gas money and reduces pollution.
Plant trees: Besides producing oxygen and removing carbon dioxide and contaminants from the air, trees and other plants provide a habitat for birds and other wildlife.
For more ideas and to buy Go Green stamps visit usps.com/green or visit your local Post Office today.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- After School Storytimes at the North Shore Library
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Winter/Spring Registration Info
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art
- Bonaparte to Receive Excellence in Community Service Award from Milwaukee Affiliate Black Child Development Institute
- Rick Bartelt Elected to MBA Board of Directors
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- It’s Forward to the Past as Jesus comes to 2020 America
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Earns Chartered Financial Analyst Designation