The United States Postal Service is doing its part to "Go Green" by providing eco-friendly mailing materials and stamps to our customers.
As part of our "Go Green" commitment, we've designed a series of 16 Go Green stamps, showing what each of us can do to promote the health of our environment.
Here are just a few ways that the USPS is growing greener:
Using eco-friendly packaging. The Postal Service is the first shipping company to achieve Cradle to Cradle certification for packaging. These products are assessed for ingredient safety, reutilization potential and manufacturing sustainability.
Delivering on climate change. USPS is the first federal agency to publicly report greenhouse emissions and get third party verification.
Reducing our carbon footprint. USPS has reduced its facility energy intensity more than 28% since 2003.
Here's how you can Go Green too:
Adjust your thermostat: Every degree you lower your thermostat in cold weather, or raise it during hot weather, can lower your energy bill by 3% and conserve valuable natural resources.
Use public transportation: Taking the bus, train, or carpooling vs. driving your own car saves gas money and reduces pollution.
Plant trees: Besides producing oxygen and removing carbon dioxide and contaminants from the air, trees and other plants provide a habitat for birds and other wildlife.
For more ideas and to buy Go Green stamps visit usps.com/green or visit your local Post Office today.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing