As a resident of the Nicolet School District, I’m asking other residents to vote “No” for the school referendum on April 5th.
The referendum mailing states the school needs $2,150,000 annually for 5 years for “funding projected annual operating budget deficit caused by structural flaws in statewide school-funding system, state-imposed revenue caps, declining enrollment, and rising operating costs.”
Why do the people in charge of the Nicolet school budget continue to blame everything else, but not themselves? They create the budget. They review the budget. Yet they can’t live within their budget. Why is this?
Yes, I realize that things change throughout the year. People in the Nicolet School District have budgets too. During the year, they have had to deal with unexpected changes such as losing their job, having their pay cut, and paying more for food, gas, and insurance. Yet they have had to live within their budgets.
The referendum mailing says the school has made many cuts in order to reduce costs, yet the same mailing states “We must raise revenue to cover operating costs.” This is ridiculous. The Nicolet School District needs to find people who can handle these budget issues, and that won’t happen if this referendum gets passed.
Please vote “No” so the Nicolet School District realizes it needs to make this change.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Scathain Opening Online Store
- North Shore Knights Sport Club
- Community Volunteer Opportunities