Lake Geneva, WI. Brown Deer School District Administrator Dr. Deborah Kerr has been nominated for the 2010-2011 School Official Excellence Award for Wisconsin DECA. Dr. Kerr will receive her award at a formal dinner awards ceremony, which will take place in Lake Geneva on Wednesday, March 9th during the Wisconsin DECA State Career Development Conference.
Dr. Kerr was nominated by Brown Deer High School's Association of Business Students executive board. Kerr has worked with the Association of Business Students since she became district administrator 4 years ago. Among her involvement is volunteering to judge at the DECA District competition, helping coach competitors for competition, and facilitating relationships between ABS students and the local Rotary. ABS President, Brenda Barrales says, "Dr. Kerr has so much pride and passion for not only our school district but also in our DECA chapter- she does anything to help us succeed." ABS advisor and business/marketing teacher, Christine Richards, summed up Dr. Kerr's nomination application by saying, "Dr. Kerr recognizes the value that hands-on experiences in leadership, community, and business give our high school students in preparing them to be college and career ready. She has been a great partner to me in helping facilitate experiences that help my members mature professionally as well as academically."
Kerr will attend the awards ceremony in Lake Geneva with Brown Deer School District alumni Joe Shumow, who was nominated for the WI DECA Alumni Excellence Award. Shumow, currently is an attorney with Foley and Lardner in Madison, WI, has worked on several projects with Kerr- most recently running a coaching session to prepare Brown Deer DECA competitors for their State Competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show