"Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act Makes its Way to Milwaukee”
Chef Michael Feker, of IL MITO Enoteca in Wauwatosa will follow First Lady Michelle Obama’s mission to bring healthier meals to schools in southeastern Wisconsin.
Just days ago, the House of Representatives approved the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. This initiative will improve the nutritional standards of school lunches, increase funding for breakfast and lunch programs, and restrict junk food sold in vending machines and elsewhere in American schools.
“The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act will significantly improve the quality of meals that children receive at school and will play an integral role in our efforts to combat childhood obesity,” Obama said.
Chef Feker says, “I feel that this is a huge step in the right direction. I have been involved with the first ladies initiative from the start. I am part of the Chef's In School program and I am working with Washington High school to revamp their food initiative. My passion in life is food and my mission is to make healthy meals accessible for people of all ages and income ranges.” You can follow the story more closely on Facebook and Twitter at "Chef Feker".
Recently named one of the top 50 best Italian restaurants in the country by Open Table 2010 Diners Choice Awards for the second year in a row, Feker explains, “The Cuisine of an Enoteca is the simplest of Italian cuisines, made with the freshest, highest-quality ingredients that create amazing, complex rustic flavor combinations. The Enoteca Style menu features homemade pastas, fresh salads(insalati), Piatti Piccoli (small plates), Formaggi (cheeses), Bruschetta, and Pizza. In addition, diners can choose Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes featuring chicken, fish, lamb, veal, or beef.”
IL MITO is located in Wauwatosa at 6913 W. North Avenue. They are open for Lunch Tuesday through Saturday, Dinner Tuesday through Sunday and Brunch on Sundays. Reservations can be made on line at: www.ilmito.com ,or by calling 414-443-1414
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today and save $$$!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood