Brighten the year for area children by donating holiday gifts to support mentoring relationships of Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee.
Holiday giving opportunities for individuals and groups are available.
Adopt-a-Match: Enrich the weekly experiences of a child and volunteer mentor matched through BBBS of Metro Milwaukee. Donors will receive the name of a Big Brothers Big Sisters match and a “wish list” of gift ideas that will support the match’s shared time together. Requested gifts include year-long memberships and/or gift cards to cultural and entertainment destinations. Examples include museum memberships, restaurant gift cards, movie passes, professional or collegiate sports tickets and theater tickets. Other gift ideas include books, art supplies and games that can be used by “Bigs” and “Littles” during the course of their regular get-togethers.
Adopt-a-School: Help equip one of the eight BBBS of Metro Milwaukee school locations in Milwaukee and Waukesha. These locations are in need of educational materials, magazine subscriptions, games and craft supplies. These supplies will be used by Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring matches during their weekly time together. Donors will receive the name and description of a mentoring site and a supplies wish list. Adopt-a-School gifts offer a perfect giving opportunity for companies and groups.
To participate, call Elsa Knysak-Wolfe, BBBS of Metro Milwaukee, 414-2
58-4778, ext 235.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Do You Want To Feed Your Pet As Naturally As Possible?