Brighten the year for area children by donating holiday gifts to support mentoring relationships of Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee.
Holiday giving opportunities for individuals and groups are available.
Adopt-a-Match: Enrich the weekly experiences of a child and volunteer mentor matched through BBBS of Metro Milwaukee. Donors will receive the name of a Big Brothers Big Sisters match and a “wish list” of gift ideas that will support the match’s shared time together. Requested gifts include year-long memberships and/or gift cards to cultural and entertainment destinations. Examples include museum memberships, restaurant gift cards, movie passes, professional or collegiate sports tickets and theater tickets. Other gift ideas include books, art supplies and games that can be used by “Bigs” and “Littles” during the course of their regular get-togethers.
Adopt-a-School: Help equip one of the eight BBBS of Metro Milwaukee school locations in Milwaukee and Waukesha. These locations are in need of educational materials, magazine subscriptions, games and craft supplies. These supplies will be used by Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring matches during their weekly time together. Donors will receive the name and description of a mentoring site and a supplies wish list. Adopt-a-School gifts offer a perfect giving opportunity for companies and groups.
To participate, call Elsa Knysak-Wolfe, BBBS of Metro Milwaukee, 414-2
58-4778, ext 235.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- International Institute of Wisconsin to Host Annual World Citizen Celebration Dinner
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- Brown Deer Library Closed Today
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center of Greater Milwaukee recognizes area residents and businesses at 33rd Annual Volunteer Celebration
- Accept the Challenge: Become Accredited in Public Relations
- Harold E Hansen: Paintings and Stone Lithographs. April 15 – May 31, 2015
- Community Volunteer Opportunities