The Glendale Senior Citizens Club has a new year of activities planned and is seeking new members. The club, open to anyone over the age of 55 (dues are $10), has an elevator-accessible clubhouse on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday and include a formal program and refreshments.
Special interest groups (chorus, bowling, shuffleboard, needlecraft, billiards, ladies and men's sheepshead, bridge, reading) meet weekly. On fourth Wednesdays, a free movie (e.g., "Invictus" and "Crazy Heart") is shown on the wide screen television. Parties, day trips, and picnics are regularly scheduled. A trip to Old World Wisconsin is already set, with three plays at the Rep and three Brewers games in the planning stages. Medical services (i.e. a flu clinic and twice-monthly toenail clipping) are also available.
Membership applications are printed in the Nicolet Recreation Department Bulletin, are available at the North Shore Library, or call 540-2100 or email Membership Chair Larry Ousterling ( Lousterling@wi.rr.com) to request a form.
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips
- Mequon Police Association to host a "Safe City 5K"
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs