The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 24th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm "Like Water for Chocolate" (Mexican Fiesta) Expect to be very hungry (and perhaps amorous) after watching this contemporary classic in the small genre of food movies. Director Alfonso Arau adapts a novel by his former wife, Laura Esquivel, to tell the story of a young woman who learns to suppress her passions under the eye of a stern mother, and instead channels her passion into cooking. The result is a steady stream of cuisine so delicious as to be an erotic experience for those lucky enough to have a bite. You might just want to rush off to a good Mexican restaurant after the show, but some samples of Mexican food will be served.
Tuesday, August 31 - "Only When I Dance" (Labor Fest)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Milwaukee Based Novel Shows Readers Fragile Side of Superhuman Strength
- Flat Rate Home Services Joins the MECA Foundation to Protect Police Canine Officers
- Zevi Gives Back Blood Drive Looks to Expand Succes with 3rd Annual Blood Drive
- Mequon Resident Wins Big at Milwaukee BMA Awards
- Meta House announces new drug & alcohol treatment program in Shorewood
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show