The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 24th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm "Like Water for Chocolate" (Mexican Fiesta) Expect to be very hungry (and perhaps amorous) after watching this contemporary classic in the small genre of food movies. Director Alfonso Arau adapts a novel by his former wife, Laura Esquivel, to tell the story of a young woman who learns to suppress her passions under the eye of a stern mother, and instead channels her passion into cooking. The result is a steady stream of cuisine so delicious as to be an erotic experience for those lucky enough to have a bite. You might just want to rush off to a good Mexican restaurant after the show, but some samples of Mexican food will be served.
Tuesday, August 31 - "Only When I Dance" (Labor Fest)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up
- Do You Want To Feed Your Pet As Naturally As Possible?