The North Shore Library will present free movies this summer on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The movies are chosen to coordinate with the variety of Milwaukee festivals. A special treat will be offered - often with an ethnic flavor. So tour the world and expand your horizon with a trip to the North Shore Library.
Tuesday, August 24th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm "Like Water for Chocolate" (Mexican Fiesta) Expect to be very hungry (and perhaps amorous) after watching this contemporary classic in the small genre of food movies. Director Alfonso Arau adapts a novel by his former wife, Laura Esquivel, to tell the story of a young woman who learns to suppress her passions under the eye of a stern mother, and instead channels her passion into cooking. The result is a steady stream of cuisine so delicious as to be an erotic experience for those lucky enough to have a bite. You might just want to rush off to a good Mexican restaurant after the show, but some samples of Mexican food will be served.
Tuesday, August 31 - "Only When I Dance" (Labor Fest)
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- 8th Annual Nicolet High School All-Sports Booster Club Golf Outing
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes