Despite a strong third quarter that culminated in a 12-0 run, the Nicolet boys basketball team was unable to get past Milwaukee King Thursday night.
The Knights' season ended in a 52-46 WIAA sectional at the McGuire Center on the Marquette University campus.
Nicolet had fallen prey to the Generals' trapping, pressing defense and trailed 38-21 with 3:09 remaining in the third. But from that point forward, the Knights took control of the Al forcing several turnovers out of King and going on a 13-0 run that was only ended when the horn sounded with Nicolet having closed the gap to 38-34.
But the team couldn't continue that momentum in the four quarter.
King (17-6) advanced to a sectional final for the right to go to the state tournament back at the McGuire Center on Saturday while the Knights ended their season at 17-8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer boys tower over Shorewood in earning key league win
- Novak family has made an impression on Eimers
- Shorewood girls spoil opening night for Brown Deer's new court
- Sports Wrapups: Dec. 8
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 3
- Sports Wrapups: Nov. 26
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 21
- In light of Webb's tragedy, Nicolet football did the best it could
- Nicolet's Worlton earns third in state breaststroke
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 14