Despite a strong third quarter that culminated in a 12-0 run, the Nicolet boys basketball team was unable to get past Milwaukee King Thursday night.
The Knights' season ended in a 52-46 WIAA sectional at the McGuire Center on the Marquette University campus.
Nicolet had fallen prey to the Generals' trapping, pressing defense and trailed 38-21 with 3:09 remaining in the third. But from that point forward, the Knights took control of the Al forcing several turnovers out of King and going on a 13-0 run that was only ended when the horn sounded with Nicolet having closed the gap to 38-34.
But the team couldn't continue that momentum in the four quarter.
King (17-6) advanced to a sectional final for the right to go to the state tournament back at the McGuire Center on Saturday while the Knights ended their season at 17-8.
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Hepp, Nicolet boys basketball team win last home game over Wisco
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team rallies past Nicolet, 79-74
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Germantown boys volleyball team earns state berth with win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team rolls on with 7-0 win over Nicolet
- Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet to secure NSC lead
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller
- Top-ranked Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet
- Football: Deangelo Stewart rushes for 315 yards as Messwood overpowers Nicolet