After 23 years, one state title, nine conference crowns and over 500 career wins, Nicolet baseball coach Dick Sykes has announced his retirement.
Sykes said that he wanted to be able to see his youngest son Alex participate in high school sports, which Sykes said he was unable to do with his other children. He said he will also be retiring from teaching at the end of the school year.
He led Nicolet to four state tournament berths including a WIAA state title in 1998. He was also elected into the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame a few years ago.
"I leave with no regrets, I accomplished everything I wanted to do while coaching," he said.
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet
- Allan Hanson named new Nicolet boys basketball coach
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Hepp, Nicolet boys basketball team win last home game over Wisco
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team rallies past Nicolet, 79-74
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Germantown boys volleyball team earns state berth with win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team rolls on with 7-0 win over Nicolet
- Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet to secure NSC lead
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller