Glendale - After serving for five years as varsity assistant, Rick DeKeyser will now assume the reins as Nicolet girls basketball head coach.
DeKeyser's selection was formally approved by the Nicolet School Board on Monday.
"He's the guy who will hopefully keep things going," Nicolet Athletic Director Kirk Krychowiak said. "He was named acting coach soon after Corey (Wolf) resigned this spring.
"We're very glad he stepped up. He's earned the job and we're very glad to have him out there."
Krychowiak said a total of 18 applications were received with five interviews being conducted. Both the Personnel Committee and Krychowiak recommended DeKeyser's selection.
DeKeyser takes over for Wolf, who resigned to spend more time with her family after nine successful seasons. DeKeyser was part of the last five years of that run, which included four North Shore Conference titles in a row and the WIAA State Division 1 state championship in 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007
- Track and field: Class and excellence highlights of Hamilton track sectional
- Germantown softball team's big bats earn it regional title over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay girls track team overcomes injuries and wins NSC outdoor title
- Whitefish Bay and Homestead boys track teams take second and third in North Shore outdoor
- Homestead boys tennis team wins sixth North Shore Conference title in a row