Glendale - After serving for five years as varsity assistant, Rick DeKeyser will now assume the reins as Nicolet girls basketball head coach.
DeKeyser's selection was formally approved by the Nicolet School Board on Monday.
"He's the guy who will hopefully keep things going," Nicolet Athletic Director Kirk Krychowiak said. "He was named acting coach soon after Corey (Wolf) resigned this spring.
"We're very glad he stepped up. He's earned the job and we're very glad to have him out there."
Krychowiak said a total of 18 applications were received with five interviews being conducted. Both the Personnel Committee and Krychowiak recommended DeKeyser's selection.
DeKeyser takes over for Wolf, who resigned to spend more time with her family after nine successful seasons. DeKeyser was part of the last five years of that run, which included four North Shore Conference titles in a row and the WIAA State Division 1 state championship in 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet gets a little momentum with win over West Bend East
- Shorewood, Whitefish Bay runners fought through pain to earn state track honors
- Former Nicolet standout pitcher Grodsky now in charge of baseball team
- Sports Shorts: June 4
- Nicolet track squads advance three entries to state meet
- Area netters adapt to new reality, advance several to state individual tournament
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown