Glendale - After serving for five years as varsity assistant, Rick DeKeyser will now assume the reins as Nicolet girls basketball head coach.
DeKeyser's selection was formally approved by the Nicolet School Board on Monday.
"He's the guy who will hopefully keep things going," Nicolet Athletic Director Kirk Krychowiak said. "He was named acting coach soon after Corey (Wolf) resigned this spring.
"We're very glad he stepped up. He's earned the job and we're very glad to have him out there."
Krychowiak said a total of 18 applications were received with five interviews being conducted. Both the Personnel Committee and Krychowiak recommended DeKeyser's selection.
DeKeyser takes over for Wolf, who resigned to spend more time with her family after nine successful seasons. DeKeyser was part of the last five years of that run, which included four North Shore Conference titles in a row and the WIAA State Division 1 state championship in 2011.
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet
- Allan Hanson named new Nicolet boys basketball coach
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Hepp, Nicolet boys basketball team win last home game over Wisco
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team rallies past Nicolet, 79-74
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Germantown boys volleyball team earns state berth with win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team rolls on with 7-0 win over Nicolet
- Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet to secure NSC lead
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller