After serving for five years as varsity assistant, Rick DeKeyser will now assume the reins of Nicolet girls basketball coach.
DeKeyser's selection was formally approved by the Nicolet School Board Monday night.
"He's the guy who will hopefully keep things going," said Nicolet Athletic Director Kirk Krychowiak. "He was named acting coach soon after Corey (Wolf) resigned this spring."
"We're very glad he stepped up. He's earned the job and we're very glad to have him out there."
Krychowiak said a total of 18 applications were received with five interviews being conducted. Both the Personnel Committee and Krychowiak recommended DeKeyser's selection.
DeKeyser takes over for Wolf, who resigned to spend more time with her family after nine successful seasons. DeKeyser was part of the last five years of that run, which included at the end four North Shore Conference titles in a row and the WIAA State D1 championship in 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Motivated Germantown wrestlers beat Nicolet, 63-15
- Homestead boys shutout Nicolet in third quarter in 65-30 rout
- Wolf comes home as Homestead girls hoops team beat Nicolet, 51-41
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team holds on to beat Nicolet, 2-1
- SPORTS SHORTS: Sept. 18
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007