Greater Metro Conference dual meet girls volleyball champ Menomonee Falls earned the top seed in the WIAA's loaded Nicolet sectional.
Regional semifinals will be held Oct. 21, with regional finals set for Oct. 23.
The Indians, who just clinched the GMC title on Tuesday with a win over Brookfield Central and are third-ranked in the WVCA's latest D1 state poll, earned a first-round bye and will host the winner of ninth-ranked Cedarburg at eighth-ranked Homestead on Oct. 23 in a 7 p.m. regional final.
Germantown, the North Shore dual meet champ, earned the third seed and will host 14th-seeded Milwaukee Madison in an Oct. 21 regional semifinal. The Warhawks will likely host the winner of Oconomowoc and Waukesha South in an Oct. 23 regional final
The Warhawks were ranked 10th in the latest coaches' poll.
Nicolet, the defending sectional champion, claimed the fifth seed and will host 12th-seeded Waukesha North in a regional semifinal on Oct. 21. They will then likely visit fourth-seeded Watertown in a regional final on Oct. 23. Watertown claimed a forfeit over Milwaukee Vincent in its first-round competition.
The Knights beat Watertown in the sectional final to go to state last season. They both received honorable mention status in the latest poll.
Sixth-ranked Arrowhead is the number two seed in the sectional.
In division 2 action, Whitefish Bay claimed a five seed in its regional and will visit Kewaskum in a regional quarterfinal on Oct. 19, with the winner taking on the victor of top-seeded Kettle Moraine Lutheran and eighth-ranked Brown Deer in a regional semifinal on Oct. 22.
Shorewood is the seven seed in the same regional and will visit Slinger in an Oct. 19 regional quarterfinal.
The D2 regional final will also be Oct. 23. All sectional play will be conducted Oct. 28 and 30.
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet
- Allan Hanson named new Nicolet boys basketball coach
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Hepp, Nicolet boys basketball team win last home game over Wisco
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team rallies past Nicolet, 79-74
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Germantown boys volleyball team earns state berth with win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team rolls on with 7-0 win over Nicolet
- Germantown boys volleyball team fights off Nicolet to secure NSC lead
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller