Clearing up some confusion, officials at the host school Brookfield Central stated Friday that the WIAA girls golf sectional at Wanaki Golf Course in Menomonee Falls will be played on Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 9 a.m.and not Thursday, Oct. 7 as previously reported.
The meet, which includes the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood team as well as individual qualifier Amy Hurwitz of Nicolet, will send the top two teams and first three individuals not on those teams to the WIAA State Tournament at University Ridge in Verona, Oct. 11 and 12. Other area competitors include the Brookfield East and Central teams as well as Wauwatosa's Carly Herald.
DSHA won the regional qualifying meet last Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer boys tower over Shorewood in earning key league win
- Novak family has made an impression on Eimers
- Shorewood girls spoil opening night for Brown Deer's new court
- Sports Wrapups: Dec. 8
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 3
- Sports Wrapups: Nov. 26
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 21
- In light of Webb's tragedy, Nicolet football did the best it could
- Nicolet's Worlton earns third in state breaststroke
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 14