Concerned about a loss of open space, Whitefish Bay trustees want to talk more about a gift proposed for Buckley Park. The family of Geoffrey Farnsworth has offered to build a circular seating wall in the park. The wall would seat up to 12 people. Farnsworth, a Whitefish Bay Middle School teacher and coach, died last summer.
The plan for the wall was presented to the Village Board at its previous meeting. On Monday, the board deferred any action on the plan after several nearby residents objected, saying the seating area would decrease the open recreational area in the park.
The board directed Village Manager Patrick DeGrave to talk with the Farnsworth family about the donation, suggesting that another location, such as the middle school or Schoolhouse Park, might allow the village to maintain the open space while also permitting the family to give what several trustees called a generous gift.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015