The Brown Deer Village Board decided to stick with precedent and deny a request for licenses to sell packaged beer and wine at a new variety store, Shop on Sherman.
Previous requests for similar licenses at two convenience stores and at Walgreens have been turned down, Trustee Jeff Baker noted, and he did not support breaking with that precedent. His colleagues agreed, leading to a 7-0 vote to deny the licenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal