Dale Racer, the police chief in Twin Lakes, and Scott Nicholson, an officer with the Thiensville Police Department are the finalists for police chief position in Thiensville.
Village Manager Dianne Robertson said the Village Board narrowed the field Monday night in a closed session. There were six candidates considered last night. They were culled from the original field of 40.
Racer, 55, has been chief in Twin Lakes since 2006. Before that he was a member of the Milwaukee Police Department from November 1980 to November 2006. He was a sergeant in Milwaukee. He was a dispatcher in Brown Deer from 1977 to 1980. Racer lives in Rochester.
Nicholson, 56, has been a police officer in Thiensville since October 1984. He also lives in the village.
Robertson said the Village Board will make a final decision at its April 23 board meeting.
"The current Village Board thought it was the new board's decision," Robertson said.
Two seats on the Village Board are contested in today's election. In any scenario, the village will have a new Village President on April 23 since current Village President Karl Hertz did not seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- River Hills' new chief has 31 years experience with the department
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014