Preliminary plans for a senior living facility are moving forward in Shorewood.
The Plan Commission on Tuesday heard a presentation from representatives of Illinois-based Pathway Senior Living. The company is proposing a 104-unit development at the site of the former Pig 'n Whistle and Riverbrook restaurants, 1111 E. Capital Drive.
According to details outlined in Pathway's plans, the development is to encompass 56 assisted living units and 48 units offering memory care services. There would be two connected buildings standing as high as four stories.
If plans proceed, the Pathway development would replace the ill-fated Sunrise Senior Living development proposed in 2008. Sunrise pulled out of the project as the economy soured.
With the preliminary meeting accomplished, Pathway officials are now tasked with drawing up finite plans that will be brought back to commissioners for further review at a later date.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014