River Hills - Officials at University School of Milwaukee will begin raising funds for improvements to their athletic fields following Village Board approval March 21.
The plans call for the resurfacing of the football and field hockey playing areas with artificial turf, moving the current field hockey scoreboard to the north side of the field, replacing the football stadium home-side bleachers and the field hockey bleachers with ADA-compliant bleachers and replacing the press box.
Visitor bleachers will be replaced with a combination of portable bleachers, which can be moved for use alongside the soccer field.
An in-ground irrigation system will be added to the soccer field, plus new scoreboard will be installed.
The fields will be fenced.
According to a memo from Gregg Bach, the assistant head of school, the new fields will also be WIAA compliant, allowing the school to host future sectional games.
There are no plans to increase the number of events, according to Bach's letter. He also said the timing of construction will depend on fundraising.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- In Brief (Mequon): June 5
- River Hills police chief retires after 33 years
- North Shore Calendar: June 5