River Hills — The Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wednesday that a 50-year-old River Hills man died Tuesday evening from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, and the cause of death was a suicide.
According to a news release from the River Hills Police Department:
At about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday, River Hills police officers were called to a residence on North Pheasant Lane for a person who had been shot.
According to witnesses, the 50-year-old man had been cleaning a gun and then started handling it in a careless manner. In addition, the man placed one round of ammunition in the gun and "made random and reckless statements about the weapon and its use. This resulted in a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head."
The man was airlifted to Froedtert Hospital but did not survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12