River Hills — The Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wednesday that a 50-year-old River Hills man died Tuesday evening from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, and the cause of death was a suicide.
According to a news release from the River Hills Police Department:
At about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday, River Hills police officers were called to a residence on North Pheasant Lane for a person who had been shot.
According to witnesses, the 50-year-old man had been cleaning a gun and then started handling it in a careless manner. In addition, the man placed one round of ammunition in the gun and "made random and reckless statements about the weapon and its use. This resulted in a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head."
The man was airlifted to Froedtert Hospital but did not survive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015