There is nothing better to warm the body and spirit on a cold November afternoon than the laughter and wide-eyed innocence of small boys and girls. So when the Nicolet Theatre Department treated area youngsters this weekend to the children's play "The Princess and the Pea," the entire Nicolet High School Little Theatre became a warm and toasty venue filled with adoring kids and parents.
Not only were the high school actors terrific in their roles, but they exuded an aura of fun and merriment against an outstanding set design that captured the imagination of young and old alike.
What a terrific multi-generational event! This updated Hans Christian Anderson tale not only clearly taught that kindness and willingness to help others is within the reach of us all, but it also reminded me, too, that regardless of age, we can easily be enchanted by the beauty of a treasured fairy tale.
president, Nicolet School Board
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- River Hills adopts sex offender zoning restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014