There is nothing better to warm the body and spirit on a cold November afternoon than the laughter and wide-eyed innocence of small boys and girls. So when the Nicolet Theatre Department treated area youngsters this weekend to the children's play "The Princess and the Pea," the entire Nicolet High School Little Theatre became a warm and toasty venue filled with adoring kids and parents.
Not only were the high school actors terrific in their roles, but they exuded an aura of fun and merriment against an outstanding set design that captured the imagination of young and old alike.
What a terrific multi-generational event! This updated Hans Christian Anderson tale not only clearly taught that kindness and willingness to help others is within the reach of us all, but it also reminded me, too, that regardless of age, we can easily be enchanted by the beauty of a treasured fairy tale.
president, Nicolet School Board
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015