Shorewood - Police and firefighters responded to a basement fire at 4502 N Wildwood Avenue in Shorewood around 5 a.m., reporting approximately $5,000 in damage and no injuries, according to a North Shore Fire Department media release.
Shorewood police arrived at the property to find fire and heavy smoke in the basement. Once firefighters arrived and confirmed that everyone had been evacuated, the fire was quickly contained and extinguished.
The apparent cause of the fire was the inadvertent mixing of chemicals which had been stored under the basement stairs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Mixed success for write-ins
- Engineering for Kids brings basics of science to North Shore youth
- Siegel narrowly hangs on to Whitefish Bay presidency