Martin Lexmond has been chosen by the School Board to become Shorewood School District's new superintendent.
The board sat in closed session multiple times over the last two weeks, deliberating between Lexmond - currently superintendent of the Kohler Public School District - and current Lake Bluff Elementary Principal Kirk Juffer, weighing the candidates against the criteria gleaned from multiple community input sessions.
"We looked at that information and how well Martin fit with that," School Board member Colin Plese said. "We considered community feedback, and our own feedback."
Lexmond will succeed current Superintendent Blane McCann, who has been with the district for nine years and will soon become superintendent of Westside Community School District in Omaha, Neb.
"It is truly humbling to have an opportunity to serve the Shorewood community. Shorewood is known and respected for its commitment to student excellence," Lexmond said in a district news release. "I am excited to lead a team with such an enthusiasm for the education of its children."
Lexmond is expected to begin the job July 1.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015