Martin Lexmond has been chosen by the School Board to become Shorewood School District's new superintendent.
The board sat in closed session multiple times over the last two weeks, deliberating between Lexmond - currently superintendent of the Kohler Public School District - and current Lake Bluff Elementary Principal Kirk Juffer, weighing the candidates against the criteria gleaned from multiple community input sessions.
"We looked at that information and how well Martin fit with that," School Board member Colin Plese said. "We considered community feedback, and our own feedback."
Lexmond will succeed current Superintendent Blane McCann, who has been with the district for nine years and will soon become superintendent of Westside Community School District in Omaha, Neb.
"It is truly humbling to have an opportunity to serve the Shorewood community. Shorewood is known and respected for its commitment to student excellence," Lexmond said in a district news release. "I am excited to lead a team with such an enthusiasm for the education of its children."
Lexmond is expected to begin the job July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12