Longtime Nicolet School Board member Marilyn Franklin will seek re-election April 3, but incumbent Jennifer Peltz will not seek another term.
A former English teacher, Franklin was first elected to the Nicolet Board in 1988 and has served continuously since then. She was a member of the Fox Point-Bayside School Board from 1977 to 1989.
Franklin, 66, lives with her husband at 7870 N. Regent Road. She has two adult sons and four grandchildren.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she earned a bachelor of science degree in secondary education.
Members serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015