North Shore Fire Department crews inadvertently discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide at the Sprecher Brewery in Glendale while tending to an employee injured by several falling kegs.
According to an NSFD news release:
Bayside dispatch received a call at 4:05 p.m. yesterday requesting an ambulance for an employee who had been injured by several falling kegs.
While tending to the employee, a carbon monoxide warning device attached to a medical kit sounded, indicating elevated carbon monoxide levels. Crews on scene retrieved additional meters from the fire engine, finding readings as high as 120 parts per million (ppm) throughout areas of the structure.
The brewery was evacuated and ventilated. No employees complained of symptoms or requested evaluation from NSFD crews.
The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a forklift. NSFD advised brewery representatives not to use the forklift within the structure.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- River Hills forgoes I-43 sound study
- River Hills set on road salt
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Story and video: North Shore Library's director retiring after 20 years
- Nicolet financial forecast foretells 2016 referendum
- News & Notes: Feb. 19