Christopher Lear, the town clerk at the town of Saukville, is the new village manager/clerk treasurer for River Hills.
Although most of Lear's background has been in the city/village management area, he took on elections and other clerk duties when hired by the town of Saukville in 2006. Before that he was the village manager/clerk in Germantown.
Lear also did accounting in Saukville. His resume includes the village administrator/clerk position at the village of Saukville and several positions in Galesburg and the Zion Park District in Illinois.
River Hills sought a replacement for its former manager Tom Tollaksen, who resigned in late January, and for its clerk who left for another position in December.
Village President Robert Brunner said Lear will earn $80,000 a year and start on June 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills speaks out on I-43 plans
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board