Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015