Property owners who live near a proposed senior apartment facility on North Cedarburg Road continued to oppose the project but an equal number of city residents from other areas as well as support from outside the city and from business owners made a strong case for allowing the project to continue at Monday's Common Council meeting.
In the end, after almost three hours of discussion, the council, by a 5-3 vote, decided to allow the construction of the 96-unit apartment building at 10908 N. Cedarburg Road to move ahead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- In Brief (Mequon): June 5
- River Hills police chief retires after 33 years