The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Burglary suspects allegedly targeted Whitefish Bay couple away at a funeral
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- Franklin, Gutterman keep seats on Nicolet School Board
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Teens aim to raise $30K for Milwaukee homeless shelter
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak