River Hills - University School of Milwaukee, a private college preparatory K-12 school, has a new head of school this year: Laura Fuller, a Wisconsin native coming from a head position at a private school in Virginia.
Fuller replaces Ward Ghory, who stepped down after 11 years of leading University School at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road to take a sabbatical year and write a book about how to improve college preparatory education.
Ghory, 62, said by telephone Monday from Orleans, Mass. that he had "retreated" a bit, but not retired.
Fuller, a La Crosse native who grew up in Oshkosh and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the first female leader since 1964 at University School, according to a news release. She has worked for more than 20 years at a variety of private schools on the east coast and in Florida.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police situation closes I-43 ramp
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Nicolet presents 'James and the Giant Peach' this weekend
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- Nicolet referendum seeks $3.15 million per year
- Nicolet takes middle ground with referendum strategy