River Hills - University School of Milwaukee, a private college preparatory K-12 school, has a new head of school this year: Laura Fuller, a Wisconsin native coming from a head position at a private school in Virginia.
Fuller replaces Ward Ghory, who stepped down after 11 years of leading University School at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road to take a sabbatical year and write a book about how to improve college preparatory education.
Ghory, 62, said by telephone Monday from Orleans, Mass. that he had "retreated" a bit, but not retired.
Fuller, a La Crosse native who grew up in Oshkosh and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the first female leader since 1964 at University School, according to a news release. She has worked for more than 20 years at a variety of private schools on the east coast and in Florida.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County Exec Chris Abele talks Bucks, buses and budget at North Shore Rotary luncheon
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- Homestead ACT scores top North Shore schools
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Newsweek: Whitefish Bay best Wisconsin school; 30th in nation
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- New director will usher in a new chapter at North Shore Library
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30