River Hills - University School of Milwaukee, a private college preparatory K-12 school, has a new head of school this year: Laura Fuller, a Wisconsin native coming from a head position at a private school in Virginia.
Fuller replaces Ward Ghory, who stepped down after 11 years of leading University School at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road to take a sabbatical year and write a book about how to improve college preparatory education.
Ghory, 62, said by telephone Monday from Orleans, Mass. that he had "retreated" a bit, but not retired.
Fuller, a La Crosse native who grew up in Oshkosh and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the first female leader since 1964 at University School, according to a news release. She has worked for more than 20 years at a variety of private schools on the east coast and in Florida.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Hills woman killed in driveway accident
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015
- Governor's race draws strong turnout on North Shore
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- River Hills police chief retires after 33 years
- Heroin suspect sought refuge in River Hills home
- River Hills speaks out on I-43 plans
- Local businesses awakening after long winter