River Hills - University School of Milwaukee, a private college preparatory K-12 school, has a new head of school this year: Laura Fuller, a Wisconsin native coming from a head position at a private school in Virginia.
Fuller replaces Ward Ghory, who stepped down after 11 years of leading University School at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road to take a sabbatical year and write a book about how to improve college preparatory education.
Ghory, 62, said by telephone Monday from Orleans, Mass. that he had "retreated" a bit, but not retired.
Fuller, a La Crosse native who grew up in Oshkosh and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the first female leader since 1964 at University School, according to a news release. She has worked for more than 20 years at a variety of private schools on the east coast and in Florida.
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Shared superintendent proposal between Fox Point-Bayside and Nicolet weighed
- Fox Point-Bayside board wants to hire Nicolet administrators under shared services agreement
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Video: Stormonth students take virtual trip around the world
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- Hillel Academy, High School renamed in honor of Dr. Alfred Bader
- From Shorewood to Mequon, North Shore results paint an interesting primary picture