River Hills - University School of Milwaukee, a private college preparatory K-12 school, has a new head of school this year: Laura Fuller, a Wisconsin native coming from a head position at a private school in Virginia.
Fuller replaces Ward Ghory, who stepped down after 11 years of leading University School at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road to take a sabbatical year and write a book about how to improve college preparatory education.
Ghory, 62, said by telephone Monday from Orleans, Mass. that he had "retreated" a bit, but not retired.
Fuller, a La Crosse native who grew up in Oshkosh and attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the first female leader since 1964 at University School, according to a news release. She has worked for more than 20 years at a variety of private schools on the east coast and in Florida.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election letters due Friday for North Shore races
- River Hills forgoes I-43 sound study
- River Hills set on road salt
- Nicolet financial forecast foretells 2016 referendum
- River Hills man dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head
- Story and video: North Shore Library's director retiring after 20 years
- North Shore districts canceling school, activities Tuesday
- Primary election letters due Jan. 31
- River Hills officials criticize pair of bills
- River Hills reluctantly agrees to first bowhunting season