Brown Deer - Village Manager Russell Van Gompel will take over as City Manger of Eau Claire with a tentative start date of Nov. 5, according to a city of Eau Claire news release.
The Eau Claire City Council will vote on an employment contact at its Aug. 14 meeting, after which Van Gompel expects to turn in his resignation with the village.
Van Gompel said that the village will convene a personnel committee meeting on Aug. 14 to begin forming a timeline and process for his replacement, and that the Village Board would need to approve an early November start date, given that his resignation would occur slightly within the 90-day window prescribed by the village.
"I'm going to be asking the board to authorize that," said Van Gompel.
The personnel committee will likely make recommendations regarding Van Gompel's replacement to the Village Board, which will meet on Aug. 20 and potentially approve a hiring plan.
Van Gompel said that, after his 14 years with the village, he'll remember most the bonds he's formed with other village employees.
"It's been a long time," said Van Gompel. "I'm going to miss those relationships."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- River Hills approves bow hunting restrictions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014