Brown Deer - Village Manager Russell Van Gompel will take over as City Manger of Eau Claire with a tentative start date of Nov. 5, according to a city of Eau Claire news release.
The Eau Claire City Council will vote on an employment contact at its Aug. 14 meeting, after which Van Gompel expects to turn in his resignation with the village.
Van Gompel said that the village will convene a personnel committee meeting on Aug. 14 to begin forming a timeline and process for his replacement, and that the Village Board would need to approve an early November start date, given that his resignation would occur slightly within the 90-day window prescribed by the village.
"I'm going to be asking the board to authorize that," said Van Gompel.
The personnel committee will likely make recommendations regarding Van Gompel's replacement to the Village Board, which will meet on Aug. 20 and potentially approve a hiring plan.
Van Gompel said that, after his 14 years with the village, he'll remember most the bonds he's formed with other village employees.
"It's been a long time," said Van Gompel. "I'm going to miss those relationships."
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- River Hills home damaged in fire
- River Hills responds to coyote concerns
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015