Brown Deer Police report a 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was struck by a car this afternoon while crossing North 60th Street in the crosswalk at West Fairlane Avenue.
The boy was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries. His parents were notified and came to the scene of the accident.
Officers and the North Shore Fire Department were called to the area at 3:19 p.m. The driver of the vehicle, a 74-year-old Milwaukee woman, was at the scene. She was driving her car south on 60th Street when she struck the boy.She was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
There was no visible damage to the vehicle and the driver was not injured.
This is the second car-pedestrian accident in the general area this month. A 15-year-old Brown Deer boy was stuck by a car while in the crosswalk at North 60th Street and West Tower Avenue at 7 a.m. Jan. 6.
Police Chief Steven Rinzel said the school district and Police Department are considering ways to increase pedestrian safety in the area.
Brown Deer middle and high schools are on the west side of 60th Street between Bradley and Dean roads. Rinzel said at Monday's Village Board meeting that he expects to bring some recommendations to the next Traffic and Safety Committee meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- University School was on "soft lockdown" after police shooting in Milwaukee
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- University School of Milwaukee students aim to provide 60 mattresses to homeless shelter
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet